Shopping for Consignment Software?
"Get the best deal for your shop.
A few minutes spent here will save lots of time and money!"
There are no sales slogans on this website - no irrational justifications for paying more for one program over another - no hot-air promises and guarantees that have never been kept and never will be.
There are only facts in these pages. You will always have the opportunity to verify every word directly with each software vendor. All you'll have to do is ask, but you'll have to know the questions to ask and the answers to expect because vendors are NOT using websites to disclose information but to hide it.
Answering a few simple questions will narrow your choice to the best software, hardware and services for your business.
Consignment Software Secrets
- Would you knowingly spend hundreds of dollars for a program written, offered and maintained by one person? This is one risk you must know about before getting suckered in. What happens to support when he's off onto something else?
- Do you realize that some programs will cost thousands of dollars over time? See which ones pile on fees and raise fees after purchase.
- Do you want to pay annual service fees? That might sound like a silly question but not all software providers insist on a permanent stream of funds flowing from your business to theirs guised as 'annual service fees'. See which ones don't.
- 'Web-based software' may sound sexy but it's not the only way to work remotely (from home or anywhere) and it is by far the most expensive and risky way of computerizing your business. See why operating your business in the 'cloud' is bad business for you.
- Hidden costs are the bane of the American consumer and consignment software is loaded with them. See who's purposely avoiding warning you of potential costs and what those dastardly plans are.
- Who is 'the company'? What about reputation and history? Is it a company of one? two? Most of them are.
- Policy provisions, usage terms and agreements are important and often don't get the attention they deserve until a situation arises. See which snakes are in the grass.
- If you choose the right provider, you'll own your copy of the software and will have the right to resell it later on. As with almost every other issue regarding consignment software, games are played with this consideration also.
- Guarantees? The only meaningful guarantees which have been honored in the past have been for the replacement of defective hardware. When an individual acting as an LLC or corporation touts guarantees about reliability and data safety, dig deeper. Read the vendor's 'terms and condition' legalese.
- Understanding search results for 'consignment software' will go a long way if avoiding overpaying for software, hardware and service. Take a look at Google's search results to see who's charging the most and why.
The Consignment Software Industry
The market for consignment software is very small, so small that no large software developer (like Microsoft or Sun) will develop a program for consignment stores, leaving the door open for any programmer with a computer and an Internet connection to create his own consignment program, put up a website and attempt to give the false impression of a multi-faceted company while offering his wares to supplement his income - not a solid foundation for your business - not to mention that all of them have dubious justifications for charging hundreds of dollars up front and ongoing costs one way or another. Throw in a couple of vagabonds trashing their competition and you have a good overall picture of the 'consignment-software industry'. Chilling, but true, so here's a guide for sorting wheat from chaff and choosing a program that will give your business optimal growth at minimal cost.
Consignment-Software.com © 2001-2014 ~ All Rights Reserved