Free Consignment Forms
Sample Contract Form
Consignment forms are good only if both parties agree to enforceable terms. Consignment forms should specify obligations and rights equally.
Items that should be covered in contracts are:
In bankruptcy, property may be seized by creditors. Some states (Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin) have consignment legislation preventing this but it still may be necessary to file a claim in bankruptcy court and produce a Consignment Agreement Form which clearly addresses this issue.
Rules are applied in different ways. Laws may apply to 'fine art' only while others might include 'crafts'.
To protect stores -
These and any other issues should be spelled out in written form in consignment agreements. Each party should have a copy signed by all participants.
1. GENERAL: Sixty percent (60%) of the sale proceeds of each item shall be paid to ___________________." FURNITURE like cribs, chairs, changing tables, etc: Fifty percent (50%) shall be retained by ______________________________.
2. LIABILITY: ______________ assumes no liability for the loss or destruction of any item.
3. IMPERFECT consignments in need of repair or cleaning may, without notice, be donated. DONATION RECEIPTS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST ONLY.
4. A minimum of two (2) days notice must be given before pickup. OWNERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PULLING ALL UNSOLD merchandise.
5. All unsold pieces must be retrieved within xx months from the date of consignment or the agreement must be renewed for another period. All unsold consignments not returned after the end of the contract period will, WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE, automatically become property of ____________________.
6. DURATION and RENEWABILITY: Maximum consignment length is 180 days. This Consignment Agreement is renewable once.
7. REDUCTIONS: Prices may be reduced at the discretion of __________________.
8. CONSIGNMENT PAYMENT WILL BE VOIDED 180 DAYS AFTER AGREEMENT TERMINATION.
9. CONSIGNMENT CHECKS: Checks are issued monthly after the 15th for the prior whole month.
10. RECORD KEEPING AND FOLLOW UP CALLS: It is the responsibility of the seller to maintain all records of consignments and call not less than once a month after the 15th to confirm sales, pickups, and contract termination.
11. All transactions and resolutions to disputes will take place in (location).
ALL ARTICLES MUST BE RETURNED BY TERMINATION DATE UNLESS CONSIGNMENT IS EXTENDED - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Final Cost | No Ongoing Service Fees
It also allows first-time computer users to become familiar with software without the steep learning curve.
It's the only program of its kind available.
Shop Software, all of these are no charge:
- A listing in Consignment Shops Directory
- A copy of Start a Consignment Business
- A second software license for home use
- Data conversion from another program
- Data storage
- Tech support
- Software updates